Our new line of Ion Moonlights are the next step in moonlighting technology. We use a single Avago™ high-power LED to create the best looking moonlight effect on the market. By using a single bright LED, our moonlights create subtle yet beautiful shimmer lines. Our ultra wide-angle LED (120 degrees) provides maximum coverage allowing fewer lights to be used for each installation. The LED operates at 468nm creating a deep and beautiful blue color that brings out the fluorescence of some fish and corals. While great for reef tank setups, our moonlights are also used extensively on fish-only and freshwater tanks. We have seen some beautiful results on planted tanks as well.
Ion moonlights are fully modular allowing instant upgrades and flexible setup options. Each light has an external, latching connector that is used to attach additional lights to create a chain of up to 10 lights. The moonlights themselves are fully sealed preventing moisture from damaging the LED circuitry even in the harshest environments, though they should not be operated underwater (voids the warranty).
Ion moonlights can be easily mounted in existing canopies using the included brackets. The lights can be mounted on any surface whether horizontal, vertical, or angled allowing for a perfect fit in tight hoods and canopies. Simply attach the including brackets to any surface parallel to the water and pivot the light to create the desired effect. The brackets can be mounted with the double-sided tape (included) or can optionally be screwed into a surface.
- Beautiful 468nm blue light simulates natural moon light in your aquarium.
- Extreme 120° light spread ensures perfect coverage (compare with our competitors) for aquariums of all shapes.
- Epoxy sealed from water and humidity ensuring longer life from your moonlight.
- Up to 10 moonlights (per system) for setups of any size.
- Fully dimmable with our Moon Controller or Moon Computer.
- Compact size and unlimited mounting angles make our lights the easiest to mount and adjust our moonlights.